From 5 to 7 March, over 20 French destinations will join the 5th edition of this annual rendez-vous with the British press. During previous events, over 350 journalists have joined us to pick the latest news about France, speak about possible features, press trips…
Do you recognise yourself in any of these videos?
- Previous France Meets The Media
- Previous France Meets The Media (backstage)
- Previous Scottish Awards
Each year has a special angle to bring you the most up to date information: Why do they love France, Create your little Blackbook to France…
#FMTM2013 will be “Prepare your planner to 2013 and expect the unexpected”
You will meet newcomers as well as the tried and true regulars you just can’t get enough of: Isabelle from Rhone Alps, Veronique(s) one from Burgundy, one from Paris, Stephane & Virginie from Corsica, Vanessa (ex Atout France trainee!) from the Loire Valley and a bunch of great partners whose enthusiasm you can appreciate on the “backstage” video here!
All my team is now working on the masses of information the destinations have sent us about new and niche products, quirky ideas, events, special packages and tours.
All of these will be gathered on www.francemeetsthemedia.co.uk that will be re-launched on the 7th January, and you will be able to register your attendance.
Ahead of this, you will find a preview list of 58 events that will take place between January and June, many more will come up for the summer.
If you would like more information or any help with a selection, please don’t hesitate in contacting me firstname.lastname@example.org and by the way, you will find some highlights below.
Speak to you soon and don’t forget save the dates:
London, Tuesday 5 March
Scotland, Wednesday 6 March and
Manchester, Thursday 7 March
- Nice Carnival – 15 February – 6 March, Riviera – Escape the winter gloom with this famous carnival which will host colourful parades, entertainment from over 1,000 musicians and dancers from around the world, beautiful flower displays all to the theme of ‘Kind of the five Continents’.
- 6 Nations – 16 March 2013, Paris: The famous Six Nations competition will hold its France v. Scotland match in Paris. Don’t miss the opportunity to watch a potentially history-making game for one of the world’s most important rugby tournaments.
- Cannes Shopping Festival – 29-31 March 2013, Riviera – This festival takes place over four days of events and fashion, gastronomy and nightlife activities. Enjoy discounts, shows and special sales at some of the world’s most glamorous boutiques.
- Nantes European Green Capital 2013 – Western Loire – This year, the city known for its artistic trails and innovative sculptures will also receive this prestigious award. Nantes was also the first city in France to successfully re-introduce electric tramways as part of its mission to revolutionise its public transport policy.
- Paris Marathon – 7 April 2013, Paris: Over 37,000 participants will join in one of the world’s greatest marathons, starting on the Champs-Elysées and finishing in the forest of Boulogne. This marathon has been around for over a century and grows in size every year!
- Nuits des Musées – 3rd week of May, across France – Enjoy France’s rich museum heritage at a time usually reserved for night-owls. Different events will be organised around the country so don’t forget to check the programme before heading to your favourite museum.
- Nuits Sonores – 7-12 May 2013, Rhone Alps: One of Europe’s most famous annual electronic music festivals, held in Lyon, will host electronic and independent musicians as well as innovative visual and digital shows.
- International Festival of Fashion and Photography – End of May 2013, Hyères: The festival will display the works of the ten most creative young stylists on the international scene and be followed by various exhibitions of art collections and photography.
- French Open at Roland Garros – 21 May – 9 June 2013, Paris – Watch the world’s best tennis players compete at one of the sport’s four major Grand Slam tournaments.
- Fête de la Musique – 21 June 2013, across France – France’s national music day, which has spread around the world, will have everything from street parties to major concerts organised. Acts from pop to rock to jazz to classical will put on a show across the country.
- Tour de France – 29 June – 21 July 2013, across France – Come bear witness to one of the world’s most famous cycling competitions with the beautiful French landscapes as the backdrop to the nail-biting race.